A Qualitative Study: Exploring the Connection Between Therapeutic Foster Parent Training and Placement Disruption

Recruiting participants for my research study/Therapeutic Foster parents must live or have lived in Skagit or Whatcom County

My name is Emmanuel Camarillo and I am a doctoral student at the University of Washington Tacoma. I am writing today to invite you to participate in my research study, as a part of my Dissertation in Practice. The purpose of this study is to understand the connection between the training that therapeutic foster parents receive and placement disruption. The goal is to provide recommendations to foster care agencies looking to retain skilled foster parents and increase the quality and stability of children’s experience in Therapeutic Foster Care programs.

Participation in this research study is entirely voluntary. Participants must meet the following inclusion criteria:

• Must currently be or previously been a licensed foster parent in Washington State

• Must currently or previously been part of a Therapeutic Foster Care program through a private agency that serves Skagit or Whatcom County, Washington

• Must have at least six months of experience fostering through a Therapeutic Foster Care program

• Must currently or previously resided in Skagit or Whatcom County, Washington during the fostering experience

If involved in the study, participants will be asked to participate in one 90-minute individual interview. All interviews will be held virtually via Zoom. Participants will also be asked to keep a journal about their parenting experience for a month and journal for at least three days of the week. Participants will receive a $50 gift card for taking the time to voluntarily participate in the research study.

If you are interested in participating in this research study, please e-mail me at ec2643@uw.edu, my student e-mail address, and I will give you the next steps.

Emmanuel Camarillo

Attachments area

1 Like