About the Caregiver Introductions category

This forum is intended to support connections between caregivers.
This is our “meet and great” space.

Please feel free to share your first name, location, how long you have been a caregiver, age ranges served, and anything else you would like to share.

1 Like

My name is Ashley from Thurston County and I’ve been fostering littles for four years. I look forward to gaining insights from other foster parents.

1 Like

Welcome welcome Ashley,

It’s so great you found ECS, am so glad you are here. I am sure that we will all learn new insights, tips and tricks, and resources from our fellow caregivers. This is hopefully the start of one of the longest running threads on this forum. I can’t wait to meet other caregivers and get to know the community!

Nathan

1 Like

Hi!!!

I’m Kristina. I’m in Lacey/Olympia depending on who you ask. My husband and I have only been licensed since March 2020 but we also did kinship prior to being licensed. We serve kiddos ages birth to 18. We have 4 kiddos of our own and I am also a gestational carrier(surrogate), currently 6.5 months pregnant. I’m so excited to be a part of this community and learn from others and hopefully be able to help others with things we have been through already. Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

1 Like

Welcome Kristina,

It’s so great to have you, I know we will all learn from one another. The goals of this site is to be “our” place where we can go for support, tips & tricks, resources, and whatever else we need. I know after my 16 years of being a Foster Parent I am still learning on a daily basis. Each kiddo I take care of is different and needs a different approach in addressing areas of opportunity. An it is fellow caregivers who give the best advice :slight_smile:

Nathan

2 Likes

Hi there, I am Heidi from Bremerton. We have been licensed for over 20 years and have done all different kinds of care. We are on a short break right now from new placements since our last placement moved and providing respite and prudent parenting to get other caretakers a much needed break. Looking forward to learning how to navigate this forum and getting to know others.

2 Likes

Heidi!!!

Welcome welcome friend, so glad you are here an even more glad you are providing respite/prudent parenting breaks for foster parents.

Nathan

1 Like

Hi All, I’m Amy and my husband & I live in Port Orchard. We’ve been fostering for almost two years and we love it! We tend to welcome kids into our family that are harder to place and they are all doing wonderfully with us! Our first rule is to respect yourself and others and we’re sure to follow this rule as well. We make a promise to each kiddo that we won’t displace them because they matter to us and having this promise between us has helped each of our kids to accept help they wouldn’t have normally accepted. Fostering has been a dream of mine since I was a kid and I’m so happy that we are finally in a place where we can provide all the love and support we have to our kids. Sometimes giving others the things you wish you had as a child is the biggest blessing in your life!! It definitely has been for me!! I’m grateful for ECS because it has so many helpful tools!! I’m looking forward to getting to know you all and to making some new friends!!