Cash Grants for Up to $1,000 for Current and Former Foster Youth
Current and Former Foster Youth are disproportionally being affected by COVID-19. Jack Dorsey, CEO of Twitter, is giving away $1 Billion in response to the pandemic. So far he has given away $236 million. Think of Us is a small nonprofit and does not typically provide this type of support.
What is this and what can a current or former foster youth possibly get?
- This is an application for an opportunity to apply for a one-time micro cash grant of up to $1000 and an email with resources related to your needs .
What will happen when this fund run out of money?
- We Will Go Above and Beyond - We will share the needs of applicants with additional donors, advocates and other stakeholders who we think can take action to solve your needs . We won’t share any of the youth’s personal information. If there are resources that they can provide, we will circle right back to you.
How does this work?
- Eligibility: Current and former foster youth 14 through 29 who have spent at least one day in foster care after their 14th birthday are eligible to apply for up to $1,000
- Cash Use: This grant is super flexible. We believe that youth know best what they need.
- Getting the Funds: The funds will be delivered via western union, venmo, cashapp, zelle or what what might work best for the youth.
- Deadline and Award: November 18, 2020 is the deadline to apply. Cash Grant will be awarded by December 1st, 2020.