Join us for our annual Level Up life skills and job fair to attend workshops, meet employers, and connect with community resources.
About this event
Join us on August 19th at the Kent YMCA for our annual Level UP Life Skills and Job Fair to attend workshops, meet employers, connect with community resources, and more.
Check-in and Orientation 9 am - 10 am
- Get your resource bag, event wristband, and light snack.
Workshops: 10 am - 12 pm
- Attend workshops such as cooking on a budget, financial literacy, entrepreneurship, self-care, customer service 101, coping skills, fitness, to overcoming barriers to employment.
- MASKS are required at all times while in the YMCA building, even to access the restrooms.
Lunch: 12 pm - 1 pm
Community Resource and Job Fair: 1 pm -3 pm
- Learn about different community resources and job openings in our community from community-based organizations and youth-friendly employers like Amazon, Taco Time, City of Kent, King County Public Health, Orca Lift, LCYC, Seattle Public Library, Northwest Education Access, PCC, College Nannies to Hyatt Hotel.
Raffles and Fun: 1 pm – 3 pm
- Participants will be entered in hourly raffles and participate in games and an ice cream social with a live DJ playing all the cuts.
When: August 19, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Where: Kent YMCA
Who: Young adults, ages 16 to 24